CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 25, 2008

A Deal Is A Deal

I am so mad. I hate dealing with people sometimes. Today my male dog studded with a female dog. I charge $200 for the stud fee. If they want to use both of my males I charge $350. This guy knew my prices and has actually used my dog Blu the last time he bred his female. My dogs are from top of the line bloodlines and are beautiful. You pay for quality. Last time his female had 12 puppies that sold for $400 a piece. They produce beautiful offspring. He called me yesterday and told me that he was ready and could he come today. I said that was fine. He came over here and brought the female. He dropped her off and said he would be back later in the evening. It usually only takes one time but to make sure it takes it's better for them to be together for a whole day. When a female is in heat the male dog goes crazy and will try to do it to her over and over. As soon as she got in the yard my male jumped on her. I called him like 4 or 5 hours later and said she should be good because I counted 7 times that they were stuck, and that's just me going out there throughout the day. He said he would be over in about an hour. Two hours go by and he is not here. I call him and tell him I have a wake to go to and I don't want to be responsible for his dog in case she tried to get out of the yard. He said he was on his way. Another hour goes by and he's not here. I call him again and tell him that I'm leaving. I tell him that I'll put her in one of my kennels but he won't be able to get her until I get back. For one he has to pay me second if he came in my yard without me my dogs would probably try to attack him. My dogs are not mean dogs but they are trained to a tee, they are guard dogs, therefore they are trained to protect the yard and house. I get back and call him and then he comes. He gets his female in the car and gets in the car himself like he is just gonna leave without paying me. I stop him and tell him I need my money. He says, "Oh I was gonna talk to you about that. I was gonna ask if I can just give you a puppy when she has them. I will give you pick of the litter." Okay, first off I have been breeding over 10 years, nobody ever really gets pick of the litter. Second, I have 14 puppies right now. I have my own puppies, I don't want anyone else's and I tell him that. He says that he doesn't have the money right now but when he sells his first puppy he'll pay me. No no no no no!!!!! I am not cool with that. He should of asked me that before he brought her here. I don't want to wait 5 or 6 months to get my money. She has to have them and then wait 2 months to sell them. I guess he figured that once he left her here there was nothing I could do because she was already pregnant. I told him give me a minute I'm gonna write something up that says that you owe me $200 and when you will pay me. I came in here and told my boyfriend and we came up with a plan. I told the dude to come in and sign this contract. When he came in my boyfriend went in his car and took his dog. He took her back and put her in the middle kennel and put my males out in the open part so that he would have to go in the kennel with them loose to get his dog which nobody in their right mind would do and this is the reason



Would you try to get past those two when you were unwanted there? They are both 150 lbs. I wish I wouldn't of had to do it like that but he should've been upfront and I would've. I told him he could get his dog back when he gave me my money. He left all pissed off. I can understand that but he has to understand where I am coming from. I did my part, now you have to do yours. I figured he would try to get the money and be back tomorrow or the next day. He was back in 10 minutes with my money. So basically he had the money he just didn't want me to pay it and he figured what could I do. I am a very straight and up front business woman but you try to play me and you will get played. I've been doing this along time and I know all the tricks. People are always trying to get over on the next person. It's so stupid. He had the money he just didn't want to pay so that really makes me think that I did the right thing. Well that's it for now. I have to go to Aunt Ebbie's funeral tomarrow. Ebbie is my childhood best friends great aunt. We have been friends since I was 12 so she was like family to me. We were together so much that my mom and her mom eventually became really good friends. They hang out and keep in touch more than me and her now.

2 comments:

Mary's Place said...

Woohoo! You go, hun!

Tammy Jo said...

Hi Sara,
I've just read through your blog and you are such a strong woman. - I am glad to hear the outcome with the dog- you go girl. - Guess he didn't know who he was messing with there. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I will keep you in my prayers.

On the psp side of things- you are doing a fantastic job- I would even say "professional" . I hope to see some of your beautiful tags posted on your blog soon. - I know you are a busy lady ! Hugs your way, TammyJo
http://moondancerscreations.blogspot.com